Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting game x2

So finally we got my mama's dd214. She will be receiving full military honors. Dealing with the VA is an adventure I NEVER want to embark on again. I understand it's a govt agency and they have a way of doing things but to keep my mama in limbo is not acceptable. They wouldn't want that don't to their mother so why do it to mine? Now we go from waiting on that paper to waiting until the actual date. 

We originally wanted to burry her at Arlington National Cemetery, yeah that's a 3+ month wait. I couldn't even begin to imagine the emotions families are going through having to wait that long. So we decided to do Cheltenham Cemetery, it's still one for Vets just scaled down. 

Now we have to start to sift through things so start down sizing. It's all so overwhelming. How are you supposed to go through you mothers stuff and decide who gets what, what gets donated, what do we sell, and what gets trashed? It's imperative now more than ever that this gets done, since my husband and I found out we got orders and will be PCSing in 4 months. 

Not only did my mom pass away now my families will be losing 2 more people (I use the term "losing" lightly). Yes it's not the same, there's Skype, Facebook, and the phone but still. I can only hope that my daddy moves closer to my brother, yes they live in the same state but he needs to be as close to him as he can.  

The timing of these orders could not have come at a worst time. Not only is there all this stuff that has to be done, now on too of that I have to plan a move. There are so many questions running through my head. I still have yet to fully grieve and now I feel like I won't be able to until after the move and we are settled into our new home. I know I'm gonna have to get help but now it's like do I even bother doing that here or just wait until we get there? 

We are moving all the way to the other side of the states!!! I am no longer a car ride away!!! Fairchild AFB, Washington. 

No comments:

Post a Comment