Saturday, March 7, 2015

Angelversary

Wednesday was mama's 1yr angelversary..... You might be asking what is an angelversary, well remember a few posts ago I mentioned that I hated using the word anniversary for the day. So I came up with a more fitting word.

Thursday was very hard!!! The day started out with a doctors appt and then a session with my counselor. I cried more this session than I have at others. I realized that not only did I loose my mama I lost my best friend. So in turn I am literally mourning the loss of 2 very important people. I also have to come to terms with being ok with the fact that I will never heal. That a piece of me will always be missing. 

After all my appointments were finaly done; Lisa, Julia and I went out to lunch. So that I wouldn't be home alone while A was working. That's right around the time that I could my mood starting to change. Even though I'm around people that I know love and support me, I still have a habit to want to hide it. Although I'm pretty sure they realized it when I started to get quiet while we were at the store. On the way hope Shake It Off came on the radio and I can't help myself anytime I hear that song I dance. So that let me escape everything for a moment. 

After dinner it was time to go and light the lanterns. I am so beyond grateful for the people that came out to show support. Lighting the lanters was such a good idea. It actually lifted away some of my pain (not all of it of course) but I was able to breathe a little easier.
                                     


The moon was so bright as well, I like to think that it was mama helping us light the sky. 
 
 
 After doing the lanterns we went to a friends house to hang out. We had ice cream sundays and painted. This is my painting, I found it very fitting for the day.

                                   
 
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERONE THAT CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED ME.




2 comments:

  1. You are so brave for sharing your tribulation with all of us in this way. I hope you find peace through it and are able to help others through your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. its helped alot to write about it on here. if i help just one person i will call it a success. i just want people to know that they arent alone that grief is a universal language.

      Delete