Wednesday, April 27, 2016

And then there were.......

I'm gonna torture y'all for a bit. 

So as most of y'all know we have been struggling to conceive and was diagnosed as "unexplained infertility". Well we decided since we had a deployment looming we would use the cryobank to preserve some of my husband's "man juices" as he calls it. We also decided to go more aggressive with the meds on our last fresh cycle before he deployed. 

Well we made the IUI by a few days before he left, literally by the skin of our teeth. I was loosing faith there for a bit. Literally within days of him leaving I started to feel weird. At first I chalked it up to just the trigger shot since it literally has hcg in it to force ovulation, so I assumed it was still in my system. Then March 10th came and the feeling didn't go away. I woke up and blew my nose (which is a regular morning routine for me) well this particular morning I had the sudden urge to throw up while I was blowing my nose and let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight. I kept telling A throughout the day that I couldn't shake this weird feeling. He said just wait we were still in the TWW (two week wait) and that it was probably just the trigger. However as the day went on I couldn't shake the feeling. So it was literally like 8pm and I decided to just take a test. It was positive (the first time I had ever seen a positive) I was thinking in my head it had to be an evap so I decided to do a pee hold and test again. It was positive again!! I texted the pics to A and he just said they were light to wait a bit and keep testing. The next morning I tested again and it was still positive and the line was getting a hair darker, so I called my fertility doctor and they wanted me to go right in to take a beta test. I did and of course it was Friday and with my luck the lab took forever and I had to wait until Monday for the official results. But throughout the weekend I continued to take tests and the line was getting darker. A normal person would have believed it by like the second test however for couples dealing with infertility it's really hard for us to actually believe it. Monday came and I got the phone call.... "Alyssa it's Tina (my fertility nurse) are you sitting down (my heart sunk)" I told her I was "Congradulations Alyssa, it's positive!!!" OMG OMG OMG I started crying right there on the phone. They wanted me to come in and do a second beta test to make sure my numbers were doubling. I left work and went right in. Good news they had more than doubled since my test on the Friday before!!!!!


Since we were in fertility treatment we get to go in sooner and more frequently in the beginning to have ultrasounds. My first appt was set for March 30. So close but yet so far away!!!!! Our really good friends Jake and Julia have known from the beginning, they have been our biggest supporters in this journey here. Plus A has them "babysitting" me so we felt they needed to know for any just in cases. So Julia goes with me to my appointments since A can't be here. So March 30 came and we are in the exam room and my doctor starts the ultrasound and I looked at Julia cuz I was nervous, all the sudden her eyes popped out of her head and my heart sank in that moment.......

                                      


Remember I said we went more aggressive on our meds, well 2 eggs matured and dropped!!!!!! We knew that it would be a possibility since both dropped but never in a million years did we think it would actually happen!!!! Our twins our souly due to fertility treatment, neither of us have genetic markers for twins naturally. When your in fertility treatment having multiples with these meds is always possible. Since starting treatment I would always tease A that its possible and the fact that it has actually happens is so beyond amazing. We couldn't be more excited and happy to finally be sharing this news. 

We want to thank all those that have prayed for us and kept us in their thoughts. Without your support we would have never made it through to the other side. 


                                                      















1 comment:

  1. Twins?! That's amazing, congratulations!!!! So excited for you😍😍

    ReplyDelete