Thursday, January 21, 2016

A letter to address a comment that has been said to me

*I am not going to mention any ones name on this post*

Dear person,


The comment you said to me the other day was totally uncalled for. If you don't remember what it was I will refresh your memory. You said, "why are you even still trying to have a baby when he leaves soon? Don't you think its selfish to rip those experiences away from him"..... Excuse me who are you to say what I am ripping from my husband? Were you behind closed doors with us when we made the decision to continue our journey? No you were not, so you have no right to judge us for our decision!!!!

For your information the fact that my husband could potentially miss milestones in a pregnancy does break our hearts. But that in no way shape or form outweigh the outcome at the end. You have not experienced this journey with us, you only know what we choose to share. Until you are in this situation you have no right to judge what our choices are.

I get it this whole thing is foreign to you so you don't know exactly what to say. Well here's a tip say it to yourself first if you feel a sting then chances are you shouldn't be saying it to me. I also understand that I made the choice to blog about this process, however that does not make me "fair game" for judgment and ridicule. It also does not give you the right to say whatever you chose.

Call me crazy but, he can miss out on my looking like a whale, having acne, and being irrational from the hormones. I don't want him to know when I'm so constipated it takes me an hour to poo. I don't want to worry about shaving when I can't even see my bits and pieces. I'll take the whole bed to myself and all of the pillows without any guilt! He'd likely make it home in time for the birth, and won't miss many of the infant and toddler milestones. Life is all about what you make of it. There will be positives and negatives in every situation. Only you get to choose which side you focus on so choose wisely. 

Sincerely,
Aly
  












No comments:

Post a Comment