Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Road to baby C part 3

Well I got a phone call from my doctor today with all my lab results... It wasn't bad but it wasn't entirely good. All test came back normal besides 1. My testosterone, yes for those that didn't know women have testosterone as well although our number are significantly lower than a male. In order to understand my outcome I will give a criteria. So for women in the age group of 28-35 if your testosterone levels are below 48 then your good.... However for a doctor to start the diagnosis process for PCOS it is 27 and higher. My level......34. So for my age group it's good but for the PCOS criteria not so much. It's not bad but it's not good. 

My doctor is concerned but not worried (if that makes since). I don't have any of the other tale tell signs of PCOS so she's on the optimistic side. She knows how much it means to me to have a baby so she's working extremely hard to help find the answers. Friday I have an ultrasound and that right there will either confirm PCOS or rule it out. I'm nervous, I'm hoping there isn't an  exorbitant amount of follicles in my ovaries. My doctor said that she is glad that my testosterone levels are on the low side if I do have PCOS, that it will make things a bit easier to manage. That there are different levels. If I don't have PCOS then I am one of those people that it's just not easy to conceive and there's really no answer as to why. Either way clomid is probably going to be the next phase in our quest to have a baby.  

As of right now all I can do is wait and hope that no mater if I do have PCOS or not that we will be able to get pregnant. I am very grateful for my doctor and that she is actually listening to my concerns as well as making sure I understand everything. 

I know some people my criticize me for blogging about this, but this is my journey. My whole goal of my blog is to let people know that they are not alone if they are ever in similar situations that I have been in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment