Monday, September 15, 2014

Scary afternoon

Today started out to be a good day. A friend and I spent the afternoon together "having an adventure". Once we got home the adventure really began!! 

My poor baby Roo was wet like he had been playing in his water bowl. This time was completely different. He had his tail between his legs and was shaking. All the sudden he started to hack up flemmy blood. I freaked out and started to cry I didn't know what to do. Thank god my friend was here!!!! After calling a few vets we loaded up in the car and took Roo to a vet. 

They tester him for parvo. Even tho I knew there was no chance he could have it, it was still scary. It was just that thought that my baby could have that. Thank god he tested negative for that.  Finally the vet saw us. My baby weighs 6.4lbs. No fever. Nothing is lodged in his throat or in his belly. The outcome is he either has a flu or eat something that irritated his throat/tummy. So they gave him 3 shots; an anti inflammatory, antibiotic and something to make him stop hacking. As well as meds to bring home to help settle his belly. So he's on a bland diet for the next few days. 

He's now going through the drowsy side effects of the shots. He's being a big cuddle bug. I feel so bad that there's nothing I can do to make him feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment